- I will respect the focus of the project: to provide an opportunity for all members of the BCCO community to celebrate BCCO’s 50th anniversary by showcasing the chorus’s unique history and creating a snapshot of the chorus and its activities in its 50th
- I will only post material for which I own, or have secured, the rights. If I quote others or use their work in my post (including links or embedded links to that work), I’ll give them full credit and cite the source.
- I will not post information that violates others’ privacy or reveals private information, such as email, phone numbers, addresses. If I am writing about an individual and am revealing sensitive details about that person, I will obtain the person’s permission to post the material. I understand that if the person mentioned in my post expresses discomfort with published material, and I cannot or do not modify material in a way that resolves the concerns, StoryChorus staff will delete the post.
- I will use appropriate language and images; I will not post material that contains unnecessary vulgar language, personal attacks, offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups, or hate speech.
- I will not endorse political candidates on StoryChorus/bcco50.org.
- I will not endorse commercial products, businesses, or services, unless specifically related to a BCCO event, historical item, or music that we are performing or have performed. I will not advertise or ask people to buy or sell things unless specifically endorsed by BCCO.
- I will not use the site to spam other web sites or email accounts, or include anything in my post that could harm another person’s computer, such as uploading content that has viruses or other harmful code.
- I will not use the site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- I will not encourage anyone else to break the agreements listed here.
The following terms constitute an agreement between visitors to and users of StoryChorus/bcco50.org. Summary StoryChorus is a community storytelling project designed to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Berkeley Community Chorus & Orchestra (BCCO) by bringing attention to BCCO’s unique history and creating a snapshot of the chorus and its activities in its 50th year. All members of the BCCO community are invited to contribute and participate in this online showcase — from current and past chorus members to members of the audience — in order to build a broad and engaging story. We encourage everyone to work together to tell the story of our community, to respect the ideas and work of others, and to respect the goals of this project. We reserve the right to take down content that does not follow the basic guidelines outlined in this document, is off-topic, or is inappropriate. Please contact the project staff and Advisory Committee if you have questions or concerns. Registration When you register for StoryChorus/bcco50.org, you’ll set up an account with a unique user name and profile. Please give honest and accurate information about who you are and update it if there are any changes. You must be at least 13 years old to create an account on this site. Your user name and password cannot be transferred to anyone else. You are responsible for any and all activity on the site that is posted under your user name. If you think that someone has gotten access to your account without your permission, please contact project staff immediately. Berkeley Community Chorus & Orchestra, which owns this site, cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage that occurs because someone else was using your account. Agreements about Conduct and Content on the Site Our hope is that StoryChorus will be a creative online space in which people tell interesting, thoughtful and captivating stories. Project staff and volunteers will not edit contributions unless asked. We want StoryChorus to provide an opportunity to examine all aspects of BCCO’s story and history, whether joyful, sorrowful, uplifting, or difficult. By visiting, using, contributing to, or registering for StoryChorus, you agree to abide by the following terms. If you do not abide by these agreements, your right to participate in StoryChorus/bcco50.org will be terminated and your user name deleted.